Clean water is vital to your health for drinking, showering, and cooking your food. Most people today drink chlorine-treated water that still contains many harmful bacteria, chemicals and other contaminants. Water, like oxygen, is crucial to maintaining life. Every person needs to have enough water each day for the body to function effectively since over 70% of the human body is made up of water.
- Have safer drinking water any time. When you filter your water, you are ensured that you have healthy drinking water, compared to the bottled water and tap water that comes straight from the water treatment plants in your municipality. Unfiltered water, even if it has come from the water treatment plant still has contaminants such as lead. Water treatment plants add chemicals such as fluoride and chlorine to the water as their treatment method. When you have an advanced home water filtration system, these chemicals, other impurities and most of the 2,100 known toxins in drinking water are removed. Fill safe water bottles with filtered water if you’re into going out for sports, a picnic or a day trip.
- Protect the environment. There were 5 Billion plastic water bottles bought in Australia last year. However, only 38% were recycled, with the remainder ending up in landfills. With a home water filtration system, you will not be adding more rubbish into landfills. On average, it will take 450 years for plastic bottles to disintegrate.
- Minimise aggravation of skin conditions. Substances such as heavy metals, fluoride and chlorine in the water can aggravate skin conditions. This includes psoriasis and eczema, especially in children.
- Cost Savings. If you are currently buying bottled water, you’ll realise significant savings from installing a water filter at home. If there are four members in your household and each of you drinks three 600mls of bottled water each day, you’ll be able to save a minimum of $1200 annually. This assumes you buy on average 2 24-packs of water bottles at a cost of around $12.50 each. If you install a reverse osmosis home water filtration system, it only costs between $900 and $1200. A new filter is required annually at an average cost of $295.
- Reduce plumbing repair bills. You can reduce plumbing repairs, and cut your repair bills when you use filtered water. Heavy metals, minerals and chemicals in unfiltered water can cause damage to your plumbing system. It is not only the pipes that could be affected but also other home appliances that use water. This includes your water dispenser, refrigerator ice maker, garbage disposal, dishwasher and washing machine.
- Enhance disaster preparedness. If a sewer line bursts near your house, it can cause water contamination. However, you will be protected in you have an advanced home water filtration system installed for the whole house.
- Save on soap. An advanced home water filtration system acts in the same way as a water softener. This will help you use less soap to clean your body, dishes and clothes. Hard water has minerals that prevent the ionic action of soap, thus its cleaning power is minimised.
- Improve the taste of drinking water. Water filters remove elements that cause drinking water to have an unpleasant taste and smell, such as lead, chlorine and bacteria. A home water filtration system will improve the overall purity, taste and smell of your drinking water. It also lowers the pH level of the water that you drink.
- Reduce the risk of gastrointestinal diseases. Several parasites can be found in the water and many microscopic organisms live in sources of water that have not been treated properly. Parasites that can cause intestinal and digestive problems are removed by filtration.
- Remove soap scum and deposits on clothes. Over time, the chemicals in unclean tap water will leave deposits on clothes, causing them to smell differently. It also can lead to rashes and allergies. Likewise, unclean water causes soap scum build-up on your dishes, your clothes and your bathroom.
Now that you know the benefits of using a home water filtration system, there should no longer be any reason for you to drink unfiltered water. You not only ensure that you use clean water, but you also see to it that your health concerns about drinking contaminated and chemical-laden water are addressed.